BDHWG is great place to workshop ideas, troubleshoot and try out new things in a supportive space. Let’s check in and hear what folks are working on this semester with 5 minute lightning talks.
- If you are interested in giving a lightning talk, please fill out this Google form no later than Wednesday at 12.00 pm
- Lightning talks should be informal presentations of works-in-progress. Don’t worry about how “finished” your project is–it’s still very helpful to see early-stage projects
- For presenters! Getting projects in front of a group early can get you critical feedback, help you troubleshoot problems, find peers, and get technical help
- For everyone! Lightning talks are great opportunity to see what’s going on in the broader DH community
Each presenter has 5 minutes to present their work. NOTICE:
There will be a hard stop at the end of five minutes
- Co-conveners will warn you when you are have used up half of your time and when you are running out of time
After each talk we will offer about 3 minutes for the group raise questions that will hopefully spark future conversations
- Do this by typing questions into a shared Google Doc
- Don’t worry if you don’t have a PowerPoint presentation–visuals are nice, but not necessary
- Please remember to mention the tools that you use so we can share them with the group
We’ll see you at the D-Lab convening room (356 Barrows) at 12 PM.