Join the DH working group for our last meeting at 12PM and lunch at 1PM. Friday 4/24 at D-lab
Where do you live on the internet? How do you find your collaborators and peers? We’ll be discussing maintaining your web presence, ranging from the basic to the advanced:
- Setting up a static website in 10 minutes ( Summer Challenge #1, stay tuned! ) and covering your bases
- Finding the DH community on Twitter, lists, and managing it all with the help of Tweetdeck
- Livetweeting: Why & When | Upgrade your conference-going
- Hashtag Discourses
- LinkedIn: maintaining your network outside of the academy
- Blogging (with practical tips from a special guest!)
Day of DH
We’ll also be be discussing the upcoming Day of DH (May 19th). During this “day in the life” event, digital humanists from across the world together document, with text and image, the events and activities of their day. The goal of the project is to weave together the journals of participants into a resource that seeks to answer, “Just what do digital humanists really do?” View last year’s contributions from Bay Area digital humanists here, including working group members Scott Paul McGinnis , Cindy Nguyen , Quinn Dombrowski , Sharon Goetz , and Andrea Horbinski , as well as the DH at Berkeley recap .
This will be our last official meeting of the year. We’d love to hear your feedback (either in-person or via email) about this year’s Working Group. We’ll be presenting our year-end report and discuss some exciting plans for next year, including upcoming regional collaborations with our peers at Stanford.
Doodle: When should we have our end of year social?
Let’s celebrate a great year in DH at Triple Rock Brewery on Shattuck Ave. We’re looking at the week of May 18th: !